Fat Dissolving (intralipotherapy)
Desoface® and Desobody® are the next generation in injectable fat dissolvers. A non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Designed to treat localised pockets of stubborn fat, by permanently dissolving the areas of fat, which are difficult to reduce via traditional methods, exercise and diet. The active ingredient is deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a bile acid which naturally emulsifies and solubilises dietary fats in the intestine. It helps break down the fat cell. It produces lipolysis, which accelerates the body’s natural fat removal process via the lymphatic system. Desoface® and Desobody® are a synthetic version of deoxycholic acid.
Desoface® fat dissolving injectable treatment is specially formulated to treat areas on the face eg double chin and jowls to give you an improved jawline.
Desobody® is also indicated for use in abdomen, flanks, inner thighs, arms, back rolls, saddle bags, knees and lipomas.
It is usually recommended to have 2-4 monthly treatments though some areas may need more. It can take up to 6 weeks after treatment to see the full effect. The treatment is virtually painless.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS?
>50% of people experience mild pain, bruising, swelling, redness and itching for 48 hours up to 3 weeks afterwards but these should not limit a normal social life or physical activity. <10% of people develop hard lumps which usually disappear within a month There are other rarer side effects that will be discussed at your appointment.
IS IT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE?
There are certain contraindications:
• Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Acute phase hormonal disease or organ disease
• Allergy to contents
• Severe systemic or multi organ autoimmune disease
• Acute active infection
• Bleeding/clotting issues.
WHAT ARE THE AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS?
Recommended to support the treated area as you may find this more comfortable.
• If you have bruising DO NOT expose the area to UV light until all the bruising has gone.
• DO NOT use a sauna for 2 weeks.
• DO NOT have any other treatments on the area for at least 2 weeks
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
• Chin or Jowls £250 for course of 3
• Chin and jowls £450 for course of 3
• Upper Abdomen £500 for course of 3
• Lower Abdomen £600 for course of 3
• Full abdomen £1000 for course of 3
• Flanks, Saddlebags, Arms or Inner thighs £500 for course of 3