What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are sterile gel made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar molecule found in our skin which attracts and binds water providing plumpness, volume and hydration. Dermal fillers are injected to instantly address problems like deep lines or wrinkles, to reduce hollows and areas of volume loss like cheeks and lips. There are many brands available and have several different properties to best treat specific areas and to get the best aesthetic result. One size does not fit all.
The leading and well established brands or dermal filler include:
Your safety is my priority. All my dermal fillers are sourced from reputable, licensed UK aesthetic pharmacies, never ever bought on the internet. There is an increasing number of fake dermal fillers sold on the internet. I will also only use the safest, evidence based injection techniques.
Which areas can dermal fillers treat?
• Lip fillers create fuller upper and lower lips
• Lip fillers enhance the shape and definition
• Lip fillers out unbalanced lips
Around the mouth, dermal fillers
• Add support to the upper lip area
• Soften vertical lip lines “smokers lines”
• Reduce fine lines around the mouth
• Lift the corners of the mouth
• Reduce the naso-labial lines/folds (nose to lip)
• Soften the marionette lines (mouth to chin)
• Temples- Soften the hollowing of the temples
• Forehead- Reduce the concavity of the forehead
• Tear trough- Reduce the dark circles or troughs under the eyes
• Cheeks- Restore lost volume, lift and create a more youthful shape
• Chin- Projection of a weak chin
• Jawline- Reduce the appearance of jowls to define the jawline
In order to achieve the results that you are looking for, multiple areas and multiple syringes of dermal filler are sometimes required.
Do Dermal Filler injections it hurt?
Most leading brands of dermal filler also contain a local anaesthetic. Often a local anaesthetic cream or ice will be applied to numb the area prior to injection to ensure you are as comfortable as possible.
How long do Dermal Fillers it last?
Quality dermal fillers can last between 6-18 months depending on the product used, area treated and can vary between individuals.
Am I suitable for Dermal Filler treatment?
In order to assess if you are suitable for dermal fillers a detailed medical history will be taken and consent form completed.
It you are not suitable for dermal fillers if:
• You have a skin infection at or near the injection site
• You have an autoimmune disease
• You have a bleeding disorder
• You have had a previous allergic reaction to dermal fillers or local anaesthetic
• You are under 18 years old
• You have been treated with isotretinoin/ roaccutane in the past 6 months
• You are pregnant or breastfeeding
• You are on steroids
• You have a keloid scar
• You have a special event soon and bruising or swelling would not be acceptable
• You are going abroad in the following 2 weeks
Caution should be taken if:
You are taking medication that increases the risk of bleeding and bruising eg warfarin/aspirin, NSAIDS and other over the counter medicine, vitamins and supplements.
You are prone to cold sores. The virus can be triggered by having facial injections.
Are dermal filler treatments safe?
All treatments carry a degree of risk. Faces have a very complex blood supply system. It is vital to understand the facial anatomy. Dermal fillers should only be injected by a health care professional with specialist training in aesthetic medicine so that they can treat a complication should one arise.
Side effects from dermal fillers can include:
• Redness, swelling, itching and tenderness at the injection site
• Infection is rare but it is important to follow the after-care instructions
• Allergic reaction is extremely rare
Potential side effects will be discussed fully at your consultation. You should contact Hayley if there are any concerns following your treatment.
You will see an immediate result after your dermal filler treatment but over the following 2 weeks it will look softer and more natural as the dermal filler integrates in your tissues. Most people are able to continue their normal daily activities straight away.
After Dermal Fillers it is recommended:
• To avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 48 hours
• Not to touch the injection areas for 6 hours
• Not to apply makeup for 12 hours
• To avoid extremes of temperature, sunbathing, sunbeds and saunas until all swelling has subsided.
Get in touch
Finance payment options available
All major debit & credit cards accepted
Simply Belle Clinic is now a certified partner of The National Weight Loss Programme.
Click here for further information